We are on day three of school, and I feel like me again. Feeling a bit more human, a bit more free and enjoying the break from my kids which is allowing me to enjoy them more!
Grade 1 is going well, and 3 year old kinder started today. Lots of smiles, reassuring sisterly hugs and hand holding. Finally, a big hug, a shy smile to her new trusted teacher, and the first day of kinder begins.
I can slowly start to see the light at the end of this tunnel, as my youngest one will attend a small little creche for two mornings a week run by some lovely girls. And another couple of years, it will be her turn to bid farewell. But for now, I will smooch and smother her as much as I can. And try to get through those chaotic, sometimes testy afternoons with as much patience and gentleness as possible. (Sometimes, not so possible.)
It's wonderful that you are feeling more like yourself again.
ReplyDelete