Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Aaaaaaahhhhhh


We are on day three of school, and I feel like me again. Feeling a bit more human, a bit more free and enjoying the break from my kids which is allowing me to enjoy them more!

Grade 1 is going well, and 3 year old kinder started today. Lots of smiles, reassuring sisterly hugs and hand holding. Finally, a big hug, a shy smile to her new trusted teacher, and the first day of kinder begins.

I can slowly start to see the light at the end of this tunnel, as my youngest one will attend a small little creche for two mornings a week run by some lovely girls. And another couple of years, it will be her turn to bid farewell. But for now, I will smooch and smother her as much as I can. And try to get through those chaotic, sometimes testy afternoons with as much patience and gentleness as possible. (Sometimes, not so possible.)

No comments:

Post a Comment