Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Emergency Chicken Soup




My girls know that when there is sickness or even a sniffle in the house, Mummy always makes chicken soup. And I know, that while my girls eat a healthy and varied diet, they absolutely devour my chicken soup, often having a second and third helping. It is the most nourishing of foods when you are feeling under the weather, in my opinion.

Here is my loose recipe:
2-3 carrots
1/2 stalk celery
6-8 chicken thighs or drumsticks, skin off
1-2 onions
4-5 cloves garlic
one handful of chopped dill
1 x zucchini
1 x parsnip
1/2 cabbage
1/2 cauliflower

Boil chicken pieces for 30-40 mins, add vegies and gently simmer with lid on for several hours. Skim oil off before serving. Cook egg noodles separately and add into bowl.

All of us here like to add a squeeze of lemon just before eating. It's yum and really brings out the flavour. Inhale and consume.

No comments:

Post a Comment