Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Stuff to do at home

I am loving all the kids art and craft activities all over the wonderful American blogs I read - isn't it funny that half way across the world, other mums are also doing the universal 'gotta keep my kids busy scramble' during their long summer break while us mums in Australia are doing the same in our mid year (but shorter) winter break.

Here is a lovely blog I found by an American mum of five now living in Israel, called Creative Jewish Mom. We'll be trying the homemade watercolours tomorrow.

My girls were content today doing our old favourite, making playdough, and then cutting and pasting pictures from old magazines and catalogues. A no brainer.

A lengthy kiddie disco ensued after dinner (although it was rather testing to wind Yasmin back DOWN) which was fun - and I got to play my favourite music (with one Chicken Dance request).

Hope you are having a little peace during these busy times.

And to paraphrase a quote (because, um, I couldn't remember where I read it...)

Life with young kids can be summed up - the days are long but the years are short.
xx

1 comment:

  1. umm, there is a really great art blog for kids called

    http://mericherry.wordpress.com/ or just www.mericherry.com

    check it out yo!

    and check out the blogs in my favs bar. you'll love them. especially childhood magic.
    http://childhoodmagic.blogspot.com/

    coolest family. great projects.

    love you. your very american friend, mcmz

    ReplyDelete