Saturday, August 14, 2010

I made something!

After attending a sewing workshop last week, my hands were ready to make something. I had bought some fat quarters from this gorgeous shop where I attended my workshop, Amitie. I bought a hoop from Spotlight, and finally, inspired by this post, made my very own fabric wreath.



Now I know it's not everyone's cup of tea (it's got that shabby chic look to it), but I love it. I chose some warm colours and patterns, and set to work. It's really very simple. It essentially involves cutting lots of strips of fabric (11inches long, 2.5 inches wide), deciding a pattern or order, and then tying them tightly around the hoop. I love how it looks. It's colourful but soft an I love the idea of it adding some texture on a wall of prints.

In fact, I think it will go beautifully next to these prints I ordered from an Etsy designer in my own hometown, Melbourne.

The Love Tree, from the Love Shop

Love print, from the Love Shop
You are Beautiful print, from the Love Shop


1 comment:

  1. well done! looks great. I want to make one of those! so easy too. congrats on getting your craft on!

    ReplyDelete