Monday, August 2, 2010

Oy the kids are killing me

We temporarily lost our mojo this weekend. Probably a combination of cabin fever on a rainy wintery Sunday, too much red cordial at a kiddie party (Yasmin + overstimulated = disaster) and tired parents.

The weekdays are so very intense and non stop for both of us that come Saturday, when we start to slow down, we tend to fall into an exhausted heap with three kids running circles around us. Add some silly fighting, whingeing and whining, and well, I almost put the kids on Ebay.

And so it's very encouraging to read this mum of five, Shawni from 71 Toes, write about her family's grumpy moment too. I constantly think with our level of busyness and so many moments of chaos, how do mums with 4 or 5 kids do it? I have no idea. And I'm not sure I want to find out!


Yasmin sang with her school choir on Sunday night for a fundraising concert.
The excitement was palpable.

No comments:

Post a Comment