Monday, March 8, 2010

DIY Vintage art




I have developed a real appreciation of vintage children's books, cards and games. I recently purchased some vintage cards from the States. After choosing the ones I loved best, I laid these out on some gorgeous paper from Ikea and then framed it in an Ikea frame.

Added to our little vintage style collection next to the girls bathroom, I love it! The two smaller frames contain pictures from old Little Golden Books bought in a collectables store. The black and white one is from Etsy (you can read more about it here).

Next to the mirror are two more frames with some vintage Chinese flashcards, I hot glued these and they look great too. After three girls, I am sick to death of fairies and princesses, so these make a stylish change while still being bright and colourful for children.

Still loving Etsy!

No comments:

Post a Comment